Saturday, September 7, 2013

I thought you were better than this.

Peppermint, an easy to grow, bug resistant, beginner kind of plant. Great to use in cooking, tea, homeopathic treatments and cocktails.  What could go wrong????
he's in a mint coma
THIS GUY
ANOTHER friend
and THIS guy
a friend
and THIS guy
This guy is gross, this guy is the SAME FRICKIN COLOR AS THE PLANT.  This guy is tiny, this guy is hungry. and this guy has friends, (at least 5 of them)




All that is left is a few sticks
.Look what he did to a thriving blooming pepermint plant, (in about two days). He ate so much that when my husband pulled him off the plants the caterpillar SMELLED LIKE MINT, ew.  So now I am on caterpillar patrol going out daily to find these guys, and my plants are in dire need of some growth hormones.

almost all gone


 This whole disaster started with just a few small holes, then one day  BAM 90% of the plant was gone.

So what IS this thing and how do i stop it, I can not go out and pick up bugs by hand. (bugs are gross) and my husband is not really that excited to go out and pick them for me. 
http://joemacho.hubpages.com/hub/Mint-Pests
Thanks internet!

ew, okay picking it off it is...*gross*. I really do not like using pesticide and am trying to avoid it all costs but it sure gets gross.  I wouldn't mind one little guy if he was only snacking but these guys eat a TON! I can not believe how much mint was gone between the first few bites and then the day of death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment